Naxos, the most self-sufficient island in the Cyclades, has so much to offer! Let Asimina Tours show you the wonders of this island. Naxos has something for everyone. Enjoy relaxing on the golden sandy beaches, learn how to windsurf, or try some local produce famously known throughout Greece...
Naxos, as mentioned in Greek Mythology, was the home of the young Zeus as well as Dionysus, the god of wine and festivities and the protector of the island.
This island is known for more than just its myths. It is a popular tourist destination filled with archaeological sites, beautiful sandy beaches, and windsurfing.
Naxos, aside from being the largest island of the Cyclades, is the most fertile. Mount Zeus is the highest point on the island, producing most of the rain clouds. This rain provides Naxos with rich agriculture of various vegetables and fruits. The most popular products, known within Naxos is Naxian Cheese, Potatoes, and Kitron (a local lemon-citrus liqueur).
The best time to visit Naxos is:
April through October
The Island of Naxos
- Journey throughout the islands charmng villages.
- Stop at an ancient temple.
- Try some local Naxian produce and liqueurs.
- Visit a Ceramic Workshop and a restored Olive Press.
- Stop in a village known to be the oldest in the Balkan.
- View the impressive statue of Kouros.
- Learn about Naxos cuisine from a local.
- Use Naxian products and traditional cooking methods to make a special local recipe.
- Visit the islands Aqueduct and other unique sites.
- Visit a waterfall, and ruins of an old monestary.
- See small animals along the 11km long path and the remains of watermills.
- Enjoy Local Delicacies, Wine and Greek Coffee
- Start in Flerio at the aqueduct and water springs.
- View the ancient giant statue of Kouros.
- Visit a village with historic chapels, watermills and olive presses all on foot!
- Yacht that accomodates up to 18 guests wth 2 crew members.
- 3-4 Stops for Swimming and Snorkeling at secluded beaches.
- Enjoy a delicious traditional Naxian lunch prepared with local products.
- Day-Cruise to the small cycladic island of Koufonissia.
- Swim and snorkel in emerald green waters and private coves.
- Enjoy a traditional lunch made with local products and refreshments!
- View the sunset from famous sites in Naxos like Potara and Saint George Beach.
- Enjoy chilled wine with local cheese, appetizers,fresh fruits.
- Relax and take in the magical view of the sun setting into the endless horizon!
- 9 Nights
- Athens, Naxos, Santorini
- 2 nights in Athens and a visit to the Acropolis
- 3 nights in Naxos see traditional villages, sandy beaches, unique dining venues
- 4 nights in Santorini on a cliffside hotel
- Do you like unique experiences?
- How about genuine travel advice?
- Take advantage of booking early and save!
Perfect for Honeymooners, Couples, Luxurious Private & Exclusive Travel, Families, Friends